Tuesday, August 23, 2011

You Hold The Key To My Heart

So here is the layout I created on Sunday using the Timepiece Collection by Bo Bunny.


I decided I wanted to do a layout of just my DH and I and I love this collection by Bo Bunny. I am totally thrilled with how it came out. These are probably three of my most favorite pictures of us together. #1 was at a Chicago Bears football game in Chicago. #2 was a random shot of us taken by a friend while over visiting them. #3 was taken in Aruba on a family vacation.

On this layout I did a lot of layering, distressing, and inked the edges on like everything! I also cut out some shapes from the paper and used them as embellishments. I also got a little bling happy cause this is the most bling I have ever used on a layout before!

I now want to tell you about the flowers.


The flowers are actually homemade out of dryer sheets (yes, the ones you throw in your dryer with your clothes!) I got the idea from a very talented lady named Gabrielle Pollacco. She has a tutorial on her blog on how to do this (http://gabriellepollacco.blogspot.com/2011/03/recycled-dryer-sheet-blooms-tutorial.html).
*Note - I did a slight variation from her tutorial though, instead of using alcohol ink in water I used Tim Holtz Adirondack Color Wash and just sprayed the dryer sheets. Just make sure you do this with paper towels or something behind the sheets because the spray will go through. I used Bounce sheets that were unscented and had no coloring.

Thanks for looking,
Sherrie

Products Used:
Patterned Paper: Bo Bunny Timepiece Collection - Unlocked, Stripe & Moments
Tim Holtz Adirondack Color Wash: Espresso & Cranberry
KaiserCraft: Clear Rhinestones Strips & White Pearl Strips

 

No comments:

Post a Comment