Wednesday, August 10, 2011

School Days

For a long time I had wanted to make something to hold all of my kids school pictures through the years, but I was never a fan of the oval mat frame. So when 7Gypsies came out with these awesome painter trays I was so excited. Since we have a large senior photo of our daughter on the wall I thought I would use her kindergarten through eleventh grade pictures. This tray hangs right below her senior picture so they are all together on the wall.

I used the Back To School collection by TPC Studio for my supplies. I also choose to print my picture in black in white because I didn't want to have so many competing different colors. Her school colors were blue and white which is why I chose the paper that I did.



I matted each photo on solid blue cardstock that I had inked the edges of with a dark blue ink. I also tend to like things not so centered or squared so I moved my pictures around in each of the boxes instead of just centering them.


And lastly I added some random blue ribbons that I had in my stash to the handle at the top to kind of dress it up a bit. Its amazing to see how she changed over the years. I really enjoyed making this one and can't wait to make one for my son.

Thanks for looking,
Sherrie

Products Used:
TPC Studio - Back To School
-Stripe 12x12 patterned paper
-Ruler Stripe 12x12 patterned paper
-School Days 12x12 patterned paper
-Chipboard Alphabet
-Chipboard Numbers

Dress It Up - Classroom Theme Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment