Wednesday, August 3, 2011

4th of July - Altered Wooden Plate

My DT project for June 2011:
When Lindsey handed me my June DT project packet I was a little worried about what I would make with it. But after thinking about it I came up with an idea I hopped everyone would like. My packet consisted of a 9 1/4" wooden plate, tube of red craft paint, and paper & tag from the We R Memory Keepers Yankee Doodle line.

The first thing I did was paint the plate red. Once the paint dried I applied a coating of Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint in Clear Rock Candy to give it a weathered look. Since Crackle Paint can take a while to dry I wanted to get this done early.  Now I was free to work on the rest of the project.


Next I cut a circle out of the Star Doodle Glitter paper and distressed the edges.  I also cut out a strip from the Flag Doodle paper and distressed just the top and bottom edge to match the Star Doodle Glitter paper.  I then stitched the two papers together. Since I thought it was a little plain just attaching the tag, I tried something new and put a couple blotches of the red pain on the paper to kind of outline the tag. I applied stickles to the centers of the start to add some shine. I also cut out a few glittery stars from the left over paper and applied to the rim of the plate. And the last touch was to add some various ribbon to the tag.


I was pleased with the finished project. Thanks for looking!

Products Use:
We R Memory Keepers
Yankee Doodle Star Banner Embossed Tag
Star Doodle Glitter 12x12 Yankee Doodle Paper
Flag Doodle 12x12 Yankee Doodle Paper

Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint Clear Rock Candy
Tim Holtz Distress Stickles Brushed Pewter
Americana Red Craft Paint

No comments:

Post a Comment