Monday, August 15, 2011

Easter Eggs

Here is another DT project from earlier this year. I was given two paper mache eggs and paper from the Happy Go Lucky collection from Pebbles. At first I was kind of like "you have to be kidding right?" But they were serious and so I knew I had my work cut out for me. So I took my kit home and showed it to my wonderful husband and it was actually him that came up with the beginning attack plan (gotta love a supportive husband!)

The egg!


So I took each egg and using a pencil I divided them into quarters and then each quarter into smaller even sized sections.  I then took a piece of vellum and laid it over the egg and traced a copy of one of the individual sections.  I then cut out the piece of vellum.  I then used that piece of vellum to lay onto the pattern paper as my template.  I traced as many sections as I needed for each egg and then cut them out.  The eggs are actually two different sizes.  Iwasn't too worried about the size of paper being exact because I knew I was going to cover the seams.  To give it a little texture I actually crinkled up the paper before adhering it to the eggs.  I used Mod Podge glue to secure the paper to the egg.

Thanks for looking,
Sherrie!

Products Used: 
Pebbles - Happy Go Lucky
-Chirpy Varnish 12x12 patterned paper
-Splendid 12x12 patterned paper
-Glitter Flower Brads

Glitter Glue
KaiserCraft Bling
Silver Cord (StampinUp)

No comments:

Post a Comment