Friday, December 23, 2011

December DT Project - Christmas Cards

Today I want to share with you 3 Christmas cards I created for my December DT project for The Scrapbook Outlet.  My kit contained the beautiful, vintage looking Twinkle Bright Collection by Anna Griffin.

The first one I kind of got a little stickle happy with. But love how it turned out with the gold stickles on the leaves.

 The second card I used a wooden thread spool (sold at my LSS) that was cut in half, which I first stained brown, and then wrapped the beginning of the banner paper around.  I then crinkled the paper and inked the edges and used pop dots for adhesive to give them some depth.

And for my third card, I made it a tri-fold. I had been wanting to give this a try for some time now and finally took the plunge.  It was actually very easy to cut, score, and fold.  I also did a lot of machine stitching on this one, going around all the edges.
 I left the middle open for journaling and used my MS Scorboard to add raised lines to give it some dimension. I also did a little masking on a few of the other spaces where I used just the plain gold cardstock.

Thanks for stopping by today,
Sherrie!

Supply List:
Anna Griffin - Twinkle Bright Collection
Patterned Paper: Red Snowflakes, Red Merry Christmas, Trees, Holly, & Red and Green Bells
3 Dimensional Cardstock Stickers - Titles


No comments:

Post a Comment