Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Card 2011

For the past 5 or 6 years I have been making our Christmas cards. I really enjoy doing this and it is fun to come up with a new idea each year. I know some people make lots of different cards each year, but for me I make 40 of the same card. This way I only have to come up with one design and don't have to worry about someone getting the same card different years. I always keep one for me and put it into my portfolio as a reference.

This year I got started a little late so I had to try and keep it a little simpler since I didn't have as much time to make them. I always try to get them in the mail by the middle of December at the latest (I actually put a few more in the mail today!) This years design actually came from a card I saw on Two Peas In A Bucket by Bonscraps. I followed the same basic design and colors (used it like a sketch) but the rest I made my own. Here is what I came up with
Here are some close ups

Using Kraft Glassin Paper from Tim Holtz and his Fighting Reindeer die, I cut out the reindeer. Next I embossed them with a diamond patterned and sprayed them with Perfect Pearls in Biscotti. I quickly heat set the Perfect Pearls and it made a really neat shiny speckled look. (My friend Lindsey calls them Edward deer cause they sparkle like Edward from Twilight!) You can see this sort of in the first picture, but in person they look so much better.


The numbers were cut out using the Winter Woodland cartridge in my Cricut. I actually cut the 2 out at 1.5" and the 5 at 2".

Thanks for stopping by today,
Sherrie!

1 comment: