Friday, September 9, 2011

My Grandma . . . June

About 10 years ago my Grandmother June passed away after a very long battle with cancer. I was very close to my grandparents and it was very hard for me. The worst part was that only 3 months after grandma passed my grandfather passed away also. We believe that he just couldn't bear it without her and gave up. They had been married over 60 years. But as a gift, one of my uncles took a picture of my grandmother from when she was just 16 and had copies made. I absolutely love this picture of her. It has taken me awhile to get around to doing it but I finally used it for a layout. The original photo was actually from 1931.
Here are some close ups



Here is a really close up of one of the butterfly's. I actually painted the butterfly's and scrolls white and then inked the edges with vintage photo distress ink. Next I used rock candy crackle paint on them. I used some really thin craft wire to make the antenna. Two of the butterfly's I just used crystal bling for the body, but the other two are actually Jillibean Soup picks that I just cut the pin off of.


Thanks for stopping by and taking a look!
Sherrie

Supply List:
Patterned Paper: Basic Grey - Urban Couture (Brocade, Rum Raisin & Cashmere)
Chipboard: Maya Road
Ribbon: Maya Road Organza Roses
Bling/Pearls: Kaiser Craft & Jillibean Soup

No comments:

Post a Comment