Saturday, October 13, 2012

Easel Card

This month theme for our team WOW! post....50 Shades of Gray!! And yes, we do mean the books!

For those of you who have read just one or even all (like me) of the 50 Shades of Grey series you know how much Christian and Anna thought about each other. So playing on that, I made an easel card using the “Thinking of You” sentiment from the With Love stamp set. It’s a bit more frilly than my usual style but it’s always good to try something new.





To make the butterflies I first stamped the images on to black cardstock. I then covered with Opaque Bright White embossing powder. After removing the extra powder, I applied the heat. After they cooled I again stamped the images directly on top of the white butterflies. This time though I covered them with Neutral Ultra Shimmer. I again removed the extra powder and applied heat. After they cooled this time I then cut them out, leaving just a tiny edge of black all around them. I then used pop dots to adhere them to the card to give them a little dimension.
Embossing Powders: Black Glint, Opaque Bright White, & Neutral Ultra Shimmer
WOW! Stamps: Vintage Wallpaper, With Love, & Make A Wish
 
To see the rest of my teams posts click here.
 
Warmly,
Sherrie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment